The vast majority of my generation don't want kids?

I will have to respectfully disagree with some of your points. I don’t think I will be able to change your mind or vice versa so we can just leave it at that.

1 Heart

No. No you wouldn’t. And I’m absolutely okay with not going around and around in a debate on a mental health forum.

I know you don’t want to argue, nor do I, but really what you don’t like is the school system and what is taught today. Is that correct?

I think there’s a fairly fine line in debating hot button issues and having a genuine conversation with someone about your opposing viewpoints. Sometimes you just see things are getting into the weeds and becomes a waste of time, you know? Honestly I dislike what I have seen from the education system these days. I think it’s been on the decline for a long time now. I’m more of an advocate for private schools these days myself.

The sad thing about private schools and charter schools is they don’t have to accept kids with developmental or physical limitations and the public school looses funding with each new charter, but they provide for all children.

Yeah, we’re pretty lacking when it comes to the people that fall through the cracks in society. In a perfect world, we wouldn’t have to worry about such things but sadly we don’t live in one of those. I was lucky enough to go through private school, and I’d definitely not change that for anything.

I did not know that typical family traditionalism is dying, at least not in my very own awareness. When we’re expected to follow society’s rules, there’s always a reason that something goes against our own system: our career choices, accepting one’s own sexual/gender identity, being a non-white person, a woman/man, a childfree person, or perhaps being physically/mentally disabled. When we disagree with society, the conflict begins. If we can’t follow our own paths without any unasked guidance, how are we going to make everything easier for all of us? None! People from North Korea don’t have free will to travel, meet new people, go to parties, or whatever they want, everything is in the hands of government. If I lived there, I would be miserable and would kill myself if I never got a free pass to live my life the way how I want. And I apologize for overexpressing that much. What I actually want to say, is that family traditionalism will continue to exist, but not everyone will take the same approach. I choose to pursue my own career, be my own boss and do everything in my power to make it happen the way how I want to.

Seems to be a case. There’s a guy, who has a vision loss, goes to college with us, and it’s sad that nobody, even the lecturers, knew any teaching methods specifically aimed for deaf/blind people, but at at the end, he’s doing very well in his studies.

I think it depends about each generation. All i have heard from news is the newest generations are waiting to have kids later.

Oh, then I guess desiring to partake in family traditions hasn’t died out.

Am I remembering incorrectly, but do you live somewhere in Europe? In the US colleges and universities have to provide additional support to those with disabilities. I got paid to take notes in college for a blind student and then the notes were transcribed into a font he could see or braille, not sure.

I think honestly it is more about the cost of families today that scares people away from having kids.

Hey! I personally have a weird relationship with having kids because of how I saw my parents struggle caring for me. They made the world move for me and I appreciate it, but it took a lot of sacrifice. I’m in my early twenties so I’m not too concerned about having kids, but the responsibility of having a kid is something that always makes me question if I actually want to or not.